Saturday, November 19, 2011

Multiple Living Organ Donation - Kidney Anniversary

Hello blog! Nice to see you again!

Today marks the one year anniversary of my kidney donation. Even though it does feel like a year has passed, I don't really feel all that different on the inside and am happy to report my remaining kidney is doing the job of two, pumpin' out the pee!

For me, this day is just another day...business as usual. I hope whoever has my kidney is doing wonderful! I never heard anything about my recipient following my discharge from Toronto general, so I don't know if my kidney is still working, or if it was rejected. Maybe it's better I don't know. If it is still working, my only other hope is that at some point today, my recipient runs a finger along the scar marking his or her belly, and gives a silent thank-you. Actually, I like to believe he or she does that every day.

In other news, I'm still trying to migrate all my notes and pictures from the donation process from my old shitty PC, to my sleek, reliable new iMac and apple products! Once this is done, the plan is to do massive update on this page. That's the plan anyway. That's it for now though, remember to sign a donor card!! Links to do so are on the right.


2 comments:

John said...

This blog is a great source of information which is very useful for me. Thank you.
BEST SOLUTION ON LIVER PROBLEM.

Anonymous said...

It's time to update your blog lol :)