Friday, June 12, 2009

More Catch-up....

One of the last things my transplant coordinator told me was that they would be in touch with me the following week....but they had to review the results of my tests first to see if I was indeed a candidate for donation. I was told that the entire transplant team will meet together with the results of my tests, if all my scans looked good and everything met certain criteria, I was good to go.

Needless to say, all I could think of on the way home was I wonder if I am as healthy as I think I am? This waiting made for a long, long weekend!

On Wednesday morning, the transplant office called me with good news...all the results of my tests came back positive and all the scans looked great! Wooo hooo!! The hair on my arms actually stood on end at this news!! I guess I am as healthy as I had hoped I was! The only concern he had, and it wasn't even a concern was that I had some complex bile ducts on my right side. This doesn't rule out an adult transplant but he did mention a pediatric transplant might be perfect.

((Now, one thing to note here is I signed up to be anonymous donor, this means my donated liver will go the person most in need of a transplant in my blood group.))


I was then told that the office would schedule more appointments for me and that they would be in touch. On June 9th, 2009 I received my next schedule. These are:

Monday June 15, 2009
11:00 AM 1st Surgical Consultation

Wednesday June 17, 2009
8:00 AM Medical Consultation
11:00 PM General Meeting


So we shall see what happens at these meetings!!

1 comment:

Josh Bloomfield said...

Hey Chandler - Josh here from http://liverdie.com. Drop me an email at josh@jacie.ca and we can connect from there. Cheers! Josh