Thursday, June 25, 2009

New Schedule..

Sorry for the lull in postings, it's been a hectic couple of days! It appears all my fretting regarding the cancelled appointments was just that! Cancelled appointments! The transplant assessment office sent me a new schedule of appointments at Toronto General!

Wednesday July 15/09
9:30 AM Medical Consultation
12:00 PM Psychiatric Consultation
1:30 PM General Meeting

As I understand it, the Medical Consultation is a fairly extensive physical examination by a doctor not affiliated with the transplant program. This way, this doctor can give an unbiased opinion on my health and well being, kind of a second opinion. I was told this appointment could go a full 2 hours! Yipes!

The Psychiatric Consultation is a sit down meeting to make sure I'm mentally sound....I'm guessing they will ask questions about me, what my motives are, do I know the risks and so on. I'm sure there will be questions asked of me I have not given much thought on.

The General meeting might be with the transplant department people....but I'm not sure. I'm fairly sure the whole day, as with the others, will be an eye-opening experience.

1 comment:

Ontario Driftboat Guides said...

That is great Brother, glad to see some forward movement..
Ken