Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Begining...

Wow, this is going to be a lot harder than it seems! To be honest, I really didn't want to start my first blog, let alone a blog about this! That being said, it was suggested to me that I document about this journey. Now, If you visit my other blog, you'll notice I'm not very good at writing, so to those of you who visit this blog, please be patient with me and my obvious lack of literary skills.

So where do I begin? Well, as the name of the blog implies, I have chosen to become an living organ donor, a living liver donor to be exact. This blog is where I'll document every triumphant and boring detail of my journey! Now, even though there's a ton of information on the interwebs about organ donation, I thought I would share my story of the donor process from the very start of my testing, right through to the surgery itself to my eventual recovery.

My decision to become a living organ donor wasn't an easy one, nor was it made overnight. Some time ago I registered to donate my organs when I die, but I actually hope to live for a long time yet. Right now, there are too many people waiting for organs....sadly, a great majority of those people waiting, will die waiting. Besides, there are two members of my family living with donated organs....so I've seen first hand the positive effects of organ donation.

Lets get started!

No comments: