Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Quick Update

This is just a quick update...and it's all about MEEEE!! My surgery was four weeks ago yesterday! I've been home a little over 3 weeks and things are going very well! As of today, I only have 12 more of the shots to give myself, (Tinzaparin, to prevent blood clots) the use of pain killers is minimal and I'm still smoke-free!! My incision is looking really good and it isn't really that painful anymore. Sleep is still sporadic and uncomfortable, I still walk a little hunched when I first get up from a sitting position, reaching and bending is tough and my belly growls all the time. Actually, I have good days and bad days, but all my complaints are minor. That being said, I headed to a friends house on Saturday for a birthday celebration. The drive to his place usually takes me between 45 minutes to an hour. On this day it took forever! The roads were all torn up for re-paving and every bump and ridge I hit on the road was magnified 10 times! I actually had to stop in three towns just to relax!

On Thursday October 15th, I have my 1 month follow-up at Toronto General. Just another round of blood tests and an in-clinic meeting with my surgeon. I think everything should be ok.

My brother and his wife took a bunch of photos the day of the transplant, I will try to post them later along with some new links.

No comments: